The Basics – The market first opened in November 2002.
- The market runs every Saturday from 9 – 2p.m. in downtown St Petersburg
- The market is located in the Al Lang Field parking lot (the corner of 1st Street and 1st Avene S)
- We’re open from early October – late May each year. This reflects the optimum weather period and the mid-Florida growing season.
- Our smaller Summer Market changes venues for shade. It takes place in Williams Park from June to August ….9am -1pm
- Williams Park Summer Mkt
6/4 – 8/27 9am – 1pm
1st Ave N & 3rd St
- Click here to see our assorted Facebook photo albums including an overview of the Market
Our Mission -The mission of the market is to be the ‘heart’ of St. Petersburg – the place, more than anywhere else, that people feel a strong sense of joyful connectedness and creative community.
- While actual farmers, great food, interesting crafts and lively music are all wonderful elements of the market, this spirit of community is what really defines the market experience.
- Many customers have shared that they think that the market is the most significant improvement to quality of life ever in St Petersburg.
An Extraordinary Social Experience – It’s widely recognized as the local town square, and the definitive community experience in St Petersburg.
- Live music in the center of the Market plays a key part of the lively market experience.
- Our intention is that visitors are regularly surprised and delighted. One way this occurs is our broad variety of performers/ buskers (e.g. balloon artist, accordionist, magician, chalk artist , living statue, etc.).
- We have 3x as much seating space as any major US market, with over 25 tables and 150 chairs.
- People often plan to eat and hangout at the market, spending about 60-90 minutes, which they know means that it’s very likely that they will run into friends (both expected and unexpected ones).
- Our vendors represent a wide variety of ethnicities and nationalities, contributing to a rich multicultural experience of food, crafts and music.